Sign In

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I want your opinions

Tr1lla

Hey Runesuite peeps!

Hope y'all doing good and having a blast here. So as a new member, I've been spending hours glued to my screen, just browsing the forums and checking out all the amazing stuff you all have created. And let me tell you, I am mind-blown by the level of skill and creativity that's here. Seriously, you guys rock!

But as much as I've been enjoying reading through all these incredible contributions, I've realized that there's so much more that I can learn from you all. And that's what has got me pumped up to start engaging more and get more involved in this community.

So, what kind of projects have you worked on in the RSPS world that got you all hyped up? What kind of obstacles did you face, and how did you overcome them? I'm eager to hear about your experiences and insights.

Let's start a conversation and get to know each other better. I'm excited to be a part of this community, and I can't wait to see what we can create together!

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Edited by Tr1lla

• 3 weeks later...

I can say i have worked strictly with 317 Servers and using Clients loading the 377 Cache mainly nothing over 474 interfaces.

Working with around rsps i have modernized various servers for friends as well as clients as an example the old debob i was using had issues with anything over Java 8 so we fixed various issues with awt and swing making them backwards compatible and creating a custom Cache Down-loader due to most debob's loading everything locally. Also expressing the fact that i use Linux Based Distros mainly Debian the fact that user.home is still not found on some clients even in 2023 is absurd?  C:// and all the annoying path issues of old?

Server wise? I have done a bunch of things most recently i created a Telnet Interface for my personal private server that runs along side the Server thread  and it currently allows me to both shutdown the Telnetd Server i can also Start, Stop, Ban, Send Messages among other Administration related things paired with authentication.

Of course telnet might be a poor choice but i bypassed all work firewalls using TCP Connections vs UDP for some odd reason the firewall hates P2P Also so i assume this is why it has issues being firewall related.

telnet uses zero encryption and can be intercepted using a (MITM ) Man in The Middle Attack that or simple packet inspection  when the client is connecting to the server? There is zero encryption built in telnet is a very old product dating back to ArpaNet ( pre-cursor to the Modern Internet for those with minimal understanding of the history vs modernization)

Anyways this is pretty much my most notable achievement if you want to call it that? 

Lets be friends :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just starting to get into it. Hoping to try making my own server with a bunch of custom items (Personal project, not hosted)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...