Madara

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 11/15/2016 at 4:07 AM, Madara said:

So, I was talking to King Fox today and got him to release his Final version of Rune-Evo. Here it is, enjoy: 

Been sitting on my desktop for quite a while now and don't have any motivation whatsoever to continue working on it. Been a project for a super long time (since Rune-Evo 1). You won't find anything special in this to be honest. Most of the content was stripped along with empty classes and such (like for Summoning, was like 100 empty classes). 

FIXED Download: 

Hidden Content

• Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

There are some improvements though but be warned: 
Item definitions, NPC definitions, and Item prices are loaded from a database (admittedly in a rather ugly fashion) and the SQL file for them is NOT included and I do NOT have it, so don't ask.
Client not included.

- Improved player owned shops
- Improved shops (item stats and shop layout saving/loading)
- Clan chat (player doesn't stay in clan when logged out and cant join back in.)
- Significantly improved Shooting Stars diversion (uses real RS locations and spawn times, and the stars degrade more accurately.)
- 60 floor co-op dung w/ up to 5 man parties (needs Keys, Puzzles, and bosses per floor type. Astea frostweb appears no matter what floor you're on). 
- A new concept open-world game called Turf Wars (explanation below) was started
- Quite a few optimizations and bug fixes and whatnot.
- Server settings are now loaded through an INI file (not the best but meh.)

Turf Wars explanation:
So basically a clan could group up and take control over a city by capturing the flag located somewhere in the city. An opposing clan could enter the city and fight for control over it by going in and taking the flag. Anyone that was in a clan but not in the controlling clan would be flagged for PVP and could be attacked by anyone from the controlling team. Players not in a clan could not attack or be attacked and could not capture a flag. (Clan minimum size was suppose to be 10, but i don't think i ever coded it.). Pretty simple idea but was never finished. There's a command to initiate it, but that's it. Wasn't much else to it :P

For pictures and other information just see this thread:

Hidden Content

This will be my final server release ever. Been a good long run but I've fully moved to website development as of a year ago or so :P
No point in keeping this to myself as it's nothing SUPER special. 

Thanks,
- Fox

ill take a look at this thanks

On 11/14/2016 at 8:07 PM, Madara said:

So, I was talking to King Fox today and got him to release his Final version of Rune-Evo. Here it is, enjoy: 

Been sitting on my desktop for quite a while now and don't have any motivation whatsoever to continue working on it. Been a project for a super long time (since Rune-Evo 1). You won't find anything special in this to be honest. Most of the content was stripped along with empty classes and such (like for Summoning, was like 100 empty classes). 

FIXED Download: 

Hidden Content

There are some improvements though but be warned: 
Item definitions, NPC definitions, and Item prices are loaded from a database (admittedly in a rather ugly fashion) and the SQL file for them is NOT included and I do NOT have it, so don't ask.
Client not included.

- Improved player owned shops
- Improved shops (item stats and shop layout saving/loading)
- Clan chat (player doesn't stay in clan when logged out and cant join back in.)
- Significantly improved Shooting Stars diversion (uses real RS locations and spawn times, and the stars degrade more accurately.)
- 60 floor co-op dung w/ up to 5 man parties (needs Keys, Puzzles, and bosses per floor type. Astea frostweb appears no matter what floor you're on). 
- A new concept open-world game called Turf Wars (explanation below) was started
- Quite a few optimizations and bug fixes and whatnot.
- Server settings are now loaded through an INI file (not the best but meh.)

Turf Wars explanation:
So basically a clan could group up and take control over a city by capturing the flag located somewhere in the city. An opposing clan could enter the city and fight for control over it by going in and taking the flag. Anyone that was in a clan but not in the controlling clan would be flagged for PVP and could be attacked by anyone from the controlling team. Players not in a clan could not attack or be attacked and could not capture a flag. (Clan minimum size was suppose to be 10, but i don't think i ever coded it.). Pretty simple idea but was never finished. There's a command to initiate it, but that's it. Wasn't much else to it :P

For pictures and other information just see this thread:

Hidden Content

This will be my final server release ever. Been a good long run but I've fully moved to website development as of a year ago or so :P
No point in keeping this to myself as it's nothing SUPER special. 

Thanks,
- Fox

ty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...