Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Why are there so many annoying small bugs in most releases?

godaddy

Is the goal behind developing a private server to get as much features and content added that the simple things get pushed off to the side?

I'm talking about how when you download pretty much any source and load it up you can build fires on top of random objects and it bugs them out deleting them. (Flowers shouldn't be allowed to make a fire there.. bookshelves). Also things like the character not fully updating and displaying in the equipment screen after making changes with makeover mage/appearances.

free releases are going to have bugs, dupes, and exploits. if you want something close to host-ready, or even perfect, start with a blank or decent base and build from that. you could buy a project as well. if host-ready projects were to be released to the public for free, what would be the point of advertisements, competition, and teams of developers? you can't expect to have everything handed to you on a silver spoon. no one will release a perfect project and i'm sure you would not either.

plus, if it's considered "small bugs", why not just take a few minutes and fix it? 

you gotta work for your shit, much like in the real world - with the exception of you being born into a filthy rich family.

• 5 weeks later...

I guess people who are giving stuff away for free don't want to fix all the annoying small bugs. The downloader should be capable of removing those them selves. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I was also frustrated when I started because I could not find a clean source/client. I decided to teach myself using project insanity. I cant just get someones work for free. 

at the end of the day, you have loads of content you can reference, or pick and pull from between so many different leaks to build your own server

Even in paid releases you'll find small bugs. It's part of the fun really. They've done a majority of the work for you, so now all you need to do is fix the small bugs. It may be an annoyance now, but you'll learn over time to fix them easily.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...