Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cannot invoke "" because "" is null

hvac

Took a very long break from RSPS' (like before people were using IntelliJ as opposed to eclipse long break) and I'm trying to mess around on a source/client that was definitely ran through IntelliJ

I have everything set-up, however this particular base (Ancestral) is giving me some issues with the cache.

I see CacheDownloader.java, and I see where it wants me to put my link to the cache as well as a cache version. I have zipped my cache and uploaded it to mediafire and I also made a .txt file for the cache version. Regardless of what I do, I still get this error when trying to run the client in Intellij:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.ferox.cache.Archive.get(String)" because "archive" is null
at com.ferox.cache.graphics.IndexedImage.<init>(Index edImage.java:34)
at com.ferox.draw.Rasterizer3D.init(Rasterizer3D.java :96)
at com.ferox.Client.unpackTextures(Client.java:11840)
at com.ferox.Client.startUp(Client.java:12000)
at com.ferox.GameApplet.run(GameApplet.java:210)
at com.ferox.Client.run(Client.java:8142)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)

This NullPointerException repeats in the console multiple times for what looks like everything it's trying to invoke. Any help? Thank you.