Find results in...

PK Bots - Self learning

neilg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, xdnothanks said:

This looks really cool, when the bots are pking are they hardcoded to spec/veng at certain times or does it randomly choose what to do?

Bots have a simple .txt file that stores data for a every fight occuring at once and logs data for different fighting styles.
On server startup you can choose if you want it to read only or read/write.

The .txt files stores information like "sweet spots" for when to use a special attack, when to eat, when to run etc.
They simply learn how to become better pkers over time.

I've recently been getting asked alot of questions on discord about the bots and people have told me that one of the cool features they have isn't mentioned once in the thread, so i'll explain it in this post and add these additional details to the bottom of the thread.

The bots config file has a readAndWrite option meaning instead of launching and playing, they can save data over time and adjust their pking styles a lot.
This includes hardcoded combinations to choose from when they wish to K0 a player but with an element of learning the "sweet spots" to initiate that combo.
Additionally, they learn when its the best time to eat, switch weapons and gear and escape.
I think this is a great approach because if anyone were to purchase this at some point, their servers may have different weapons, combat or pkers from mine.
An adaptable system would simply learn the habbits of the playerbase (for example, if the majority were to safe above 90hp continously, the bots would eventually mimic that or better yet, figure out how to counter it).

It was suggested that i write an AI that learns EVERYTHING from scratch but even i don't fully know how to go about that as well as the learning time would be insanely long in comparison to how ive currently done it.

To show just how this works, i wrote a basic little training system.

Be aware that parts of what the bots have already learned were reset for this video

The bots must learn to eat, when to combo, the most effective equipment to use and attack style over a few hours

[*]Bots have infinite food and infinite special attack
[*]Bots that spawn will set their stats to maxed and instantly appear in the Wilderness
[*]Bots will engage a closeby player until one of them die
[*]The winner will save bits and pieces of data each win
[*]After a few saves, it selects the best solution found from all the data and uses that as the base for the next generation bots

Bugs:

There were really rare occurances of bots using wind bolt for some reason.
Occasionally bots randomly face a direction again.
Perhaps its a visual bug, but i saw a few bolts flying into the bank from edgeville.

Additional information

In the video below i have sped up lots of the clips and cut out footage BUT if anyone wishes to for a 5-6 hour training video, i can do that i guess but it'd be quite boring.

The bots equipment thats initially spawned before combat is not learned. I use a TIER system from 1 - 3. 1 being welfare and 3 being high cost equipment ids.
The bots track which Tier the equipment is spawned from and the most successful Tier will be continued by the next generation.

Media:

This is the hidden content, please

Edited by neilg

On 1/13/2022 at 3:00 PM, u fail77 said:

Very cool looking to add pk bots to my hobby server... maybe not though waste of time?

I don't see why it would be a waste of time if it was done properly.
Nobody wants to log into a server with no players but unless you spend money on advertising, your start will be rough. Pk bots can ease that initial emptiness alittle bit.

• neilg changed the title to PK Bots - Self learning
On 1/14/2022 at 10:44 PM, neilg said:

I don't see why it would be a waste of time if it was done properly.
Nobody wants to log into a server with no players but unless you spend money on advertising, your start will be rough. Pk bots can ease that initial emptiness alittle bit.

I ment me coding would be waste of time as I don't really want to code rsps anymore... I just want to move on with my life, hell I'm almost 25 years old... Coding is like an addiction to me and its a very very bad habit.... Especially when 90% of the rsps community is so toxic... this shit stresses me out to the max...