Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need issue adding new models to 317 RSPS

Irrelevant

Hey guys, currently I've been replacing unused models with new ones, however I am running out of unused models. When I look at the cache I see for example 1 to 55325 being used, i am able to fully replace them with another model and it will change just fine. The real issue is when I try to add a new model instead of replacing an existing one, I'll give two examples of what I'm doing, one with replacing existing Models which works and the other with trying to replace unused models, which doesn't work.

Replacing Models:

If i wanted to replace Model ID 33000, I would first make sure that I have renamed the new model I want to 33000 and gzip it. After, I would go into the RS2 Assess Manager (rsgui), go into the Index which correlates to the model and look for 33000, right click and replace it. Restart client and the new model is in there just fine, no issues.

Adding New Models:

In the Cache after using the RS2 Asses Manager (Rsgui, might have the spelling wrong) to open it up, I go to the appropriate Index section, scroll down to the Model ID that is not being used which (looks just blank), let's say 65601 and 65602. Once I have found a Model, I rename the new model I want to add, gzip it, and then in the RSgui right click it and replace that unused model. Once I'm done with that side, I go client sided, if I'm doing lets say a sword, I go to another sword already that is working and copy it and switch the coding around for the new item:

(Old Item) case 20013: 

itemDef.name = "Random Sword";

itemDef.description = "random";

itemDef.maleEquip1 = 32412;

itemDef.femaleEquip1 = 32412;

itemDef.modelID = 32411;

itemDef.rotationY = 0;

itemDef.rotationX = 0;

itemDef.modelZoom = 1750;

itemDef.modelOffsetY = 0;

itemDef.modelOffset1 = 0;

itemDef.groundActions = new String[] { null, null, "Take", null, null };

itemDef.actions = new String[5];

itemDef.actions[1] = "Wear";

break;

(New Item) case 21999: 

itemDef.name = "Badass Sword";

itemDef.description = "Badass";

itemDef.maleEquip1 = 65602;

itemDef.femaleEquip1 = 65602;

itemDef.modelID = 65601;

itemDef.rotationY = 0;

itemDef.rotationX = 0;

itemDef.modelZoom = 1750;

itemDef.modelOffsetY = 0;

itemDef.modelOffset1 = 0;

itemDef.groundActions = new String[] { null, null, "Take", null, null };

itemDef.actions = new String[5];

itemDef.actions[1] = "Wear";

break;

And I also go server sided and make sure to do the same exact thing, once I'm done adding it to the Cache, Client, and Servder sided I do a server and client restart. Once I'm in the game, i do ::item 21999 nothing seems to happen, but when I scroll my mouse over the first section of the inventory where the item would spawn, my client freezes while i hover over that section. It's as if the item was added, but it won't display correctly or something. I am completely confused as to what else I could be missing or doing wrong, I've looked at all the post and videos I've found and have yet to find a solution for this, hopefully someone will be able to help me out with this one, thank you ahead of time

Edited by Irrelevant