Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RSPS Experience Rate Opinions

Subtlety

Depends on what you're going for really, but there's usually little reason not to give different options unless you're doing something peculiar and specific, like an early RS2 emulation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit of a grinder, so an xp rate of x10 all the way down to x5 is pretty good for me. I've also been a fan of /v/scape's x2.25 xp rate, although that's quite low for any reasonable PK server to have

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i have definitely thought about this for a long time over the years. my tastes have changed over the years too. when i was a teenager and through my early 20s i liked a slow xp rates (anything from 1.5x to 10x) because i was a lazy bum and had the time for it. now into my 30s i don't have the time to grind weeks on end for that #1 spot so something like 50x is more appealing to me. I don't like it any higher than that though as it just becomes a meaningless achievement levelling up otherwise.

i also hate it when rsps have different xp rates for the same type of account. if you're going to add 10x 50x and 100x xp rates, then at least give a small percentage in drop rates for the account types with lower xp rates. otherwise there is literally no reason to use a lower xp rate.

• 2 weeks later...

in my opinion servers should have rather fast experience rates, as the main focus should be competing with other players in different aspects such as economy, pking and other unique features that every server has.

I feel skills are just something that people dont enjoy on a lot of servers because they have no real reason to be done,

if the skills where rewarding I wouldn't mind how low the xp rate was tbh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...