Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Are RSPS' still as popular as they used to be?

RedKonflict

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the reason the top servers have all the players, is due to the community and how they handle new upcoming servers. I've heard stories of new servers being attacked, hacked, tormented and pushed back down so they can not reach the top. The top server owners/team do this to keep all the $ for themselves. Not to mention new developers have a hard time receiving help, If they do usually they are paying heavy for it, and half the time the person providing the service will sabotage the server. I have even caught a guy who did services on my server a while back implementing something that would allow spawning in a secret location, He would later log on and spawn items and sell them to my players under the table or ruin your economy ruining your server,  I found out about this from a player who was honest enough to report it, I looked into it and found out what was allowing this and it was pretty sneaky, for an experienced developer would be easy to find but if your new could easily over look it.

I do like that RSPS's are on the rise again, but I feel you when you talk about the Mopar and Silab clients. It was so simple and fun to just mess around on worlds with people. I'd like to get back to doing that, which is kind of why I'm here.

Everythings been pretty much picking up because of the virus that's spreading currently. People don't want to pay for membership so it's driving a lot of people to private servers.